Wool is one of the oldest fabrics known to mankind. The economic situation of many countries depended on the production and sale of this unique material, characterized by very high reliability and convenience.
One of the most common types is Italian wool, which you can find in our online store, as well as buy it at a bargain price.
The story behind
According to archaeological data, people started using wool around 1500 years BC. In this period, humanity has been able to tame sheep and goats, using wool for clothing manufacture. Especially great popularity this material has got in Ancient Rome.
In the 13th century, the sale and production of wool became the guarantee of the financial stability of many countries. First it was Italy, and then England. The first wool factory was in the English city of Winchester. The production process of wool was kept in the strictest secrecy.
In the second half of the twentieth century, interest in the woolen fabric was gradually diminished. But after the appearance of the washing-resistant wool fabric, with a quick drying and lack of ironing, its popularity began to grow with renewed vigor. The most popular is fabric with the inclusion of synthetic fibers.
Today, the world's wool producers include such countries as Argentina, China, Australia, South Africa, etc.
Types of wool
The most widespread types of Italian wool, which can be bought on our website, include the following:
- Mohair - wool of goats that live in South America and Turkey. Clothing made of mohair is highly delicate and needs special care
- Alpaca, llama - wool, collected from different types of llama
- Merino - wool collected from the hair of sheep
- Camel wool
- Angora - wool, obtained from the Angora rabbit
Depending on the type of yarn and production pathways, wool can be:
- Rough wool is represented by dense yarn
- Fine wool is represented by fine yarn
- Worsted wool – the composition includes semi-thin, semi-rough or thin yarn. As a result, a thin fabric is produced, which is widely used in the manufacture of clothes
How to identify wool?
Today, the modern industry offers many types of fabrics that imitate wool. Therefore, it will be important to learn how to determine the authenticity of wool. To check the coat, it is worth pulling a couple of threads and set them on fire. Woolen fabric flashes quickly, but slowly burns. After combustion, a porous ball is formed, which can be easily rubbed with fingers, and the wool has the smell of burnt hair.
Features of Italian wool
Woolen fabric, which you can buy in our online store, has many exceptional properties that make it the flagship among materials for sewing warm clothes. These include the following:
- The absence of predisposition to the formation of folds
- Impurity resistance
- High hygroscopicity
- High strength and durability
- Heat preservation
Where can I buy Italian wool?
Different types of Italian wool can be found on our website. We offer a wide range of woolen fabrics. High quality of the goods provided by us and low prices can satisfy even the most demanding customer.