Wool Suiting Fabric

Set Descending Direction
View as Grid List

Items 1-12 of 39

per page
Set Descending Direction
View as Grid List

Items 1-12 of 39

per page

Italian suits wool

A good suit is not just an item of clothing, but something that allows you to create a businesslike, solid, and confident look. To achieve this goal, you must carefully select a fabric to tailor a suit.

How to choose and where to buy wool suit fabric?

There are varieties of fabric for suits. The most popular among them is wool, combining both exquisite appearance and excellent wearing characteristics. Suits made of wool are not cheap, but the high price is justified by long service life and sophisticated look. The material can be either completely woolen or half-woolen. In this case wool concentration is from 20 to 60% and the rest is nylon, viscose, or lavsan.

A lot of unscrupulous manufacturers claim fake materials to be pure wool. To avoid fake materials, it is necessary to purchase only from reliable shops. The assortment of the Tessuti dell'Arte online store contains products only of proven Italian manufacturers, which can be verified by ordering free samples.

It is very easy to buy Italian high-quality suits wool fabric at best  price in the UK, Canada, United States, America, France, the Netherlands, Taiwan, Iceland, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Norway, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, Croatia and any country in the world, our online store "Tessuti Dell 'Arte" will send you the fabrics to any corner of the world. In the catalog you will see many colors and design solutions Made in Italy. We have many customers from different countries and cities of the world.

What is wool suit fabric?

Pure wool suit must contain at least 95% of natural wool. This material is very warm and doesn’t get wrinkled. The remaining 5% is synthetic threads which provide glossy effect. If the content of synthetics is higher, this is a wool mixture fabric. Artificial threads increase the strength and wear resistance of the material, so coats and other outerwear are usually made of wool mixture.

The appearance and characteristics of products depend on the length of wool threads. Long pile is the basis of worsted wool. It is smooth and shiny; therefore it is used for the production of business suits. Unlike worsted, combed wool is a bit fluffy, so it is used for everyday clothing.

Advantages of Italian suit wool

There are not many consumers who will be able to distinguish at first glance natural fabrics from synthetic ones. Meanwhile, this factor affects not only the cost, but also the quality of the ready product. In addition, it depends on the quality of the wool itself and how it was processed.

When buying Italian suit fabric, you can be sure that the information about the composition of the fabric presented in the catalogue is the most trustworthy. The material is produced by the same factories which supply Italian fashion houses, so the quality is always on top.

Types of wool suit fabric

Wool fabrics used for tailoring suits come in several varieties:

  • Bouclé has a characteristic raised pattern. Commonly used for sewing women's business suits;
  • Gabardine is a wear-resistant material characterized by the content of twill weaving;
  • Tweed is a strong canvas with a heterogeneous textured surface;
  • Cheviot is a variety of twill fabric from worsted wool, usually dyed in one color;
  • Barathea is a combination of wool and silk threads. Usually used for sewing tuxedos.

What is made from suit fabric?

The name of the fabric gives the best hint at the main scope of its application. It is suitable for both official suits (if the fabric is smooth) and everyday ones if they are made of textured fabric. Wool suits will always stay fashionable. They are relevant for both men and women.

Some types of suit fabric (for example, tweed) are well suited for creating outerwear. Usually these are formal business coats or short coats, but certain types of material can also be used to create frivolous looks.

When buying fabrics from our store, you can be sure that you will receive detailed information about fabric care. For example, please don’t put your suit in the washing machine; in case of some spots, use dry cleaning. Our client service managers will provide you with all fabric care tips to prolong the service life of your products.