The modern range of linings impresses with its variety and versatility. Areas of use include dressmaking, accessories, curtains and drapes. For a correct choice of this fabric it is necessary to be informed about the characteristics and properties of each type, to know their description.
The best choice is the Italian lining fabric, which you can buy on our website.
Functions and properties of lining fabric
The functions performed by the lining tissues include:
- It can hide the reverse side of the product
- Protection of the base material from deformation
- Moisture absorption
The main materials used in production are fibers of natural or artificial origin. The choice of fabric directly depends on the type of clothing, under which the lining is selected.
The characteristics that predetermine the effectiveness of the lining material include the absence of deformation, as well as the absence of wrinkling. To hide the lining joints, it is necessary to have a specific density.
Types of Italian lining fabric
The main types of lining material are the following fabrics:
- Chiffon is used as a lining in skirts, blouses and curtains
- Viscose is an inexpensive and high-quality material. The fabric is used with the addition of cotton or polyester, as well as when sewing clothes and curtains
- Taffeta is most often used when sewing dresses and skirts. Most often is used as a lower skirt. The advantages include the high softness and the lack of static accumulation on the surface. Taffeta is presented in the lung (used for lining in dresses and skirts), and rigid (used to fix the shape of the product) types
- Polyester is used in many types of clothing as mesh fabric. It is characterized by high strength, but is not suitable in hot weather. Polyester is also very cheap. It is used in the sewing of overcoats, curtains and in haberdashery.
- Quilted fabric is a combination of up to four materials. The fabric is used for sewing outerwear, upholstery, pillows and bags
- Cotton fabrics
The most common is lining satin silk. Its advantages include increased density, smoothness. Moreover, it manages to keep its shape perfectly, and is very wear resistant. More often it is used in coats, but also as a lining of bags, wallets and gloves.
How to choose the lining fabric?
When choosing lining material, you need to consider some rules. So, the lining fabric should be thinner than the base material, and have the necessary smoothness for easy sliding off, contacting with other things. Also, the color of the lining must match the color of the main dress, be dark enough to hide the elements of the wrong side. The choice of the synthetic lining will be more optimal, because this fabric is able to withstand the heavier loads and is more resistant to wear. In addition, the synthetic lining keeps its original appearance longer.
Where can I buy Italian lining fabric?
On our site, you can find a wide selection of lining fabrics of different materials and profiles. The production supplied by us has a very high quality and very affordable prices.